Thanks to digital wallet platforms and online payment solutions like Google Pay, our lives have been made a lot easier. Making payments is a piece of cake with Google Pay. You may use Google Pay to perform various tasks, including transferring money between bank accounts, paying utility bills, recharging phones, buying tickets, paying merchants, and shopping online. While digital payments are convenient, they are not without risk and vulnerability. As a result, it is critical to exercise caution when conducting online transactions.
A single blunder when transacting online can be pretty costly. A person recently lost Rs 1,00,000 while using Google Pay. It all started when he advertised his furnishings for sale on Facebook. After placing an ad, he received a call from someone interested in purchasing the furniture and wanted to pay through Google Pay and Paytm's payment systems. Instead of transferring money, the fraudster asked the victim for money. The victim sent the money without double-checking the amount. He was tricked by crooks into believing he was going to get money.
If someone you don't know sends a payment request, Google Pay has a block option to prevent this type of fraud. Through Google Play, you will block the individual you do not want to contact.
This feature is available to both Android and iOS users. To block someone on Google Pay, all you have to do is follow a few simple steps. We'll go over how to block someone on Google Pay in this blog.
Also, see Google Pay's guidelines for avoiding UPI fraud.
What is the best way to block someone on Google Pay?
1. You must create a Google Pay account before blocking someone.
2. When you open the app, you'll see a list of the people to whom you've contributed or received the money. You'll also be able to check which contacts have asked for money from you.
3. Select the one you want to block from among these contacts by tapping on it.
4. If the number you want to block is saved in your contacts, go to the top right of the screen and click the three dots, then the block option.
5. If you don't have the phone number saved in your contacts, you'll get a block option when you tap on it. You will have the option to mark the contact as spam.
6. If you block someone on Google Pay, they'll be blocked on other Google services as well, such as Photos and Hangouts.
Do you have a problem with a product or service? To make a complaint, simply go to Savefromfrauds.com's complaint center. We publish articles and videos regularly to raise awareness about shady business practices. You may also write company evaluations on Savefromfrauds.com.