The internet is used for many things like buying online, paying utility bills, booking tickets, hotel rooms, cabs, transferring money, playing games and so on. The number of people using social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram is also on the rise.
While the internet makes everything very easy and convenient, it has its own disadvantages. The internet is the main reason for all these banking frauds and online scams which are taking place across the country. In the last few years, thousands of people have lost their hard-earned money to cybercrime. Cybercrime is nothing but a criminal activity which is taken place using a computer device or a network.
As the cybercrimes are increasing each day, the Government of India has come up with an online cybercrime complaint portal which allows citizens post cybercrime-related complaints. Through this portal, citizens can post their complaints as well as follow them up.
Anyone who has been a victim of bank frauds, online frauds or any kind of cybercrime can post their complaints in this portal. Here, in this blog, we will discuss how to post cybercrime-related complaints.
How to register cybercrime complaints online?
1. To post your complaint related to cybercrime you have to open ‘https://cybercrime.gov.in/’ and click on the ‘File a complaint’ button.
2. You are then shown some terms and conditions. You must read those and accept them.
3. After accepting the terms and conditions, you have to click on report other cybercrimes.
4. In the next step, you are shown a new page where you have to click on the citizen login option. You then must provide your basic details like state, username, and mobile number.
5. You must then enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and fill the Captcha. You then click on the submit button.
6. In the next page, you are asked to provide some important details in the given form. The form will be divided into 4 parts: They are Incident Details, Suspect Details, Complaint Details, and Preview and Submit.
7. In the details of the incident, you must provide all the details regarding the fraudulent incident. You will be asked details like date and time of the incident, URL of the website and much more.
8. Once, you are done providing the details, you have to click and save.
9. In the suspect details page, you will be asked to provide details of the suspect.
10. In the complainant details page, you will be asked to provide your details like email Id, photograph and so on.
11. In the next step, you have to verify all the details provided by you and then make a submission.
Not happy with a product or service? Just visit savefromfrauds.com’s complaint portal and post your issue. We’ll get in touch with the concerned entity and help you with the resolution. With an aim to spread awareness on fraudulent activities, we publish articles and videos on a regular basis.